365 Ways To Change the World( Michael Norton)
You want to make a difference in the world, but don't know where to begin. Now you can. Here is just the guide to lots of exciting ways that are more personal and fun than merely writing a check. For every day of the year, 365 Ways to Change the World is packed with information and ideas that don't take a lot of special skills to put into action, but will achieve something positive:
- Observe a "Buy Nothing Day"
- Plant a "peace pole"
- Sew a panel for an AIDS memorial quilt
- Collect rainwater to water your plants
The suggestions cover twelve important areas in which you can influence change, including in your local community, as a consumer, making a cultural contribution, and addressing problems such as the environment, health, and human rights. You can go through the book day by day or use the index to flip to the issues that concern you most; to help you take action, a complementary website links straight to many of the sources listed in the book. Great to give as well as to keep, this is an inspiring, practical resource for making the world a better place -- one day at a time.
Michael Norton, OBE is a ‘serial social entrepreneur’. He founded the Directory of Social Change, the UK's leading agency for voluntary organizations, and his many initiatives include setting up the UK's first volunteer tutoring programme to teach English to incoming migrant families, the Foundation for Social Entrepreneurs which helps people with ideas of social benefit to get started, and the development of a street children's banking programme in South Asia. His latest project is the Carbon Bank to help individuals address the impact of global warming.
取書方法〡How to pick up
1. 預約親臨「蒲書館」〡At PPO Library
- 新蒲崗雙喜街17號富德工業大廈19A室〡19A, Success Industrial Building, 17 Sheung Hei Street, San Po Kwong
- 最佳時間為星期三日間〡Our best time is Wednesday daytime；或/OR
2. 預約親臨 「書送快樂」辦公室〡At our Sheung Wan office
- 上環文咸東街111號 MW Tower 15樓〡15/F, MW Tower, 111 Bonham Street
- 最佳時間為星期五日間〡Our best time is Friday daytime；或/OR
3. 經由順豐派送〡Through SF EXPRESS